- Keeping You Safe. Our Covid-19 Policies at The Mark Jermin Stage School:
At The Mark Jermin Stage School, the health and well being of our students, parents and staff is our upmost priority.
Since the start of the pandemic we have offered Virtual classes running online that are immensely popular with students and parents, have an incredibly positive and supportive community and has huge success in terms of what credits past students have gained from moving our classes online.
As soon as Government restrictions eased and with our Risk Assessments and Covid Procedures in place we also resumed classed In Person.
Each MJ branch has carefully planned Covid measures in place regarding each individual Venue and Class. All staff are trained in Covid-19 safety and help us each at each class to run procedures to minimise the spread of the Virus. We appreciate that all Students, and Staff co-operate with us by:
- Booking places in class in advance so we are aware of the number of attendees in each session so that each class is not over crowded and able to run in a socially distanced manner.
- Students and Staff members taking Lateral Flow Tests prior to attending class each week
- Staying away form the class if suffering from symptoms of Covid
- Adhering to one way systems in place at our Venues
- Wearing masks upon entry to the class and in communal areas
- Regularly washing and sanitising hands before during and after each session
- Helping us dispose of scripts and clean and sanitise any props that have been used by students
As an Organisation we are constantly monitoring the Government guidelines and working with our Venues in keeping our classes to run as normal as possible whilst keeping everyone safe.
If Government Restrictions were to be enforced or For any reason our weekly classes are unable to go ahead in person (due to an enforced Lockdown / restrictions within the Venue / Staff member being ill or having to isolate and us not being able to find Cover Teachers in time) Our experienced team will adhere and deliver the classes online, meaning the momentum of the Term isn’t lost and classes will continue to run for all students meaning fees won’t be refunded. We will adapt our term accordingly to ensure that the training, classes and opportunities for our students never stop. Our staff who are extremely creative and confident in delivering highly engaging classes across all age groups on Zoom will ensure that all students are made to feel comfortable and confident despite their online training.
For our full Covid Procedure and Risk Assessment please email our team.